Saturday, February 04, 2017

Between the Sheets.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Saturday, February 04, 2017

My emotions for you were strewn across the bed,
I loved you, I lusted for you but, I thrived on the sheer thought of owning you..of controlling you.

I always believed I knew every detail of you, even though you surprised me, sometimes,
Although my fingers knew every contour of you, it was you who made me pronounce my feelings better.

I remember the nights I'd come home from work; you'd wait for me in the darkness,
No questions asked, no answers given, we'd sit there in silence;
Looking each other in the eye, telling things that we'd never tell anyone.

We also had the nights when you refused to embrace me;
Blowing off the steam, you were. At least that's what you told me.

We had confessions, adventures, secrets, and stories to tell..some were nasty too,
I showed you the ugly parts of me and gave you the naked truths,
I wondered if you'd run away. But you stayed.

Every time I held a pen and poured myself out on countless papers, I knew you were working your magic on me,
You added meaning to my thoughts even when they were haywire.

But if someone asks me why I love you and if I'll ever grow out of you,
I'll tell them, what's a writer without words?
Especially when our romance - my romance with words is still...
In between the sheets.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos