Sunday, March 29, 2015

You Are My Lost Story!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, March 29, 2015

As I think of the day we spent together, I try to put them into words.
I am not living in the past, I assure you.
But I am still fascinated by the beauty of those moments.
I still remember that day.
When I was in pink, and you were in blue.
With your dimples and the hair not so tamed, I still managed to find you debonair.
With my haircut disaster and a grin too long, you still managed to find me beautiful.

The conversations we had over the breakfast turned out to be our inside secrets.
All the kisses and hugs just remained as scars on my body.
I am not living in the past, I assure you.
But I still remember that afternoon.
When I crashed by your side, while watching TV.
And I still remember that evening.
When you stood by my side, as I was tying my hair up.
I guess I still remember that night when you dropped me home.
And when you sent me a message, “It was an amazing day.”

I remember all of it. Bits and pieces. Tiny shreds.
But I am not living in the past, I assure you.

The beauty of that day is still fresh in my mind.
The charm of those moments is preserved in my heart.
And your smile haunted me for days and weeks.

Maybe your aroma still engulfs me sometimes.
I admit you will be remembered.
But let me also confess this.

Someday, you will just remain as a lost story.
In the torn pages of an old journal.

4 comments:

Econgirl on 30 Mar 2015, 08:19:00 said...

This is such a beautiful piece!

Sara Khanam Baig on 30 Mar 2015, 09:26:00 said...

Dis is ur 1st work of urs tat I read and m totally a fan of urs already... Kudos sunaina :-)

Sunaina Patnaik on 30 Mar 2015, 09:46:00 said...

@Econgirl: Thank you, Brototi! :)

Sunaina Patnaik on 30 Mar 2015, 09:48:00 said...

@Sara: Thanks. :)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos