Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Your Splendour And Uncertainties!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, April 07, 2015

I've written you notes and letters,
On things that mattered, and things that did not.
I've scribbled on the pages of my journal,
With stories about you and your idiosyncrasies.
I was surprised to see how I fell in love with you.
Because I fell in love with you while running from silence to chaos,
Because I fell in love with you between your quirks and my mood swings,
Because I fell in love with you even when you were miles away from me.
But it did not matter at all.
Because I fell in love with your smile in the darkness,
Because I fell in love with you by looking at the contours of your face,
Because I fell in love with you between stealing glances at you and my phone,
But none of it really mattered.
Because I fell in love with you even when words ceased to matter,
And even when you were sipping your coffee or singing to yourself,
I fell in love with you even when you were doing just nothing.
I thought I knew it all. I thought nothing mattered at all.
Oblivious to the effect you had on me, I let you go.
But when you filled me with an intoxication and left scars at places I never knew existed,
I completely knew I was willing to drown myself in all your splendour and uncertainties.

4 comments:

Econgirl on 7 Apr 2015, 12:04:00 said...

It brings back bitter sweet memories when I read your posts!

Sunaina Patnaik on 7 Apr 2015, 21:23:00 said...

@Brototi: Thank you so much! :)

saichandra sv on 15 Apr 2015, 11:20:00 said...

Sunaina you are rocking..... You are a star...:)

Sunaina Patnaik on 17 Apr 2015, 01:11:00 said...

@Saichandra: Thank you so much. :)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos