Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Love Has A Universal Echo, Okay?

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, June 30, 2015

There was a point of time when I would write poems on anything. The last time I wrote a poem was for a boy who is not my muse any longer. I cannot write poems that often now.


Today, the internet connection at work was pretty cranked up and I was forced to pick my pen and journal to gather my lost thoughts.


It is said that love has a universal echo. I am also a firm believer of it. Most of the people too claim that they believe in it. Then why are we against homosexual couples, same sex marriages? With the Internet flooding with the thoughts, memes, petitions against homosexual couples, multi-coloured profile pictures on Facebook, maybe we must realize that there is nothing unnatural about people from same gender falling in love. Maybe it is high time even we progress with the world, and maybe this is just another evolutionary process.


Sure God created Adam and Eve, but God also created love and I am guessing it is the people who lay out these rules. Nope, not God. He has better things to do. However, I do not want to get into the nitty-gritty details of the human creation, but here’s the deal --there is nothing unnatural about it. And if you still say it is unnatural, well then let’s have it this way, nothing that is beyond our comprehension deserves our contempt.

It deserves curiosity perhaps, but not disgust.


My attempt might be futile, but this is a tiny poem (I am afraid I cannot even call it a poem) I have written on this:


Tainted and broken, he looked at the world with an uncertainty,
Misunderstood and mistreated, he fervently hoped for a miracle,
But when he walked down the aisle for him, he was no longer blemished,
In love, he found answers to all his questions.

Love certainly has a universal echo and let this be a beginning to a lot of positive changes in the world.


P.S. Talk about this instead of changing fancy multi-coloured display pictures on Facebook.

***


Picture: This picture has been taken from one of the wedding shots of Neil Patrick Harris (Our lovable Barney Stinson) and David Burtka.

1 comments:

rishi srinivas on 7 Jul 2015, 00:04:00 said...

This seems to be a bold article !
When you say that there was nothing unnatural about people from same gender falling in love.. you make sense... Because we see how lovable Father-Son, GrandFather-Grandson, Brothers,Friends and many more male to male relations are... I hope you are well aware of the female to female relations better than me. So there is nothing wrong falling in love with a person of same gender.
Society never objects same gender love. But the conventional society cannot accept the same gender marriage and physical relationships (at least in India) for whatsoever reasons. But it is always obvious that the decision is left to the discretion of homosexuals whether to care the comments of the society or not.
Coming to the content in the article, I am bit worried about mentioning this as just another evolutionary process because these sort of relations has nothing to do with the advancement or progression of the world. For that matter, any form of expressing love is never an advancement .. it may be homosexual or heterosexual. It always looks wild and uncivilized.
Also I am worried about relating love and sex.
Sex needs love... but love may or may not need sex.

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos