Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Scar.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I wanted you to leave behind a bit of yourself when you left,
so I wanted you to break my heart,
break it so bad that you'd leave an irrevocable scar on me,
and I know, there would be no going back from there,
maybe I would end up hating you,
maybe I wouldn't,
but I was willing to take that risk,
for that scar,
for that heartbreak,
for the memories,
that I could fondly recall on the
nights you'd be unavailable,
or on the evenings when you'd be too far
to see the setting sun with me,
I didn't know if what kept me awake kept you awake too,
if the sheer inability of caressing your hair made you go crazy too,
I wondered, and wondered, and kept wondering,
but there was nothing I could do
about this whole arrangement,
so why don't you just go ahead and break my heart?
and leave a bit of yourself with me,
for my heart was made to be broken by
someone like you.


0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos