Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's your move, Wordfreak: Book Review

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, May 15, 2012




This review is a part of BlogAdda’s ‘Book Reviews by Bloggers’ program.

14-05-2012:

I woke up in the evening and saw a packet lying on my bed. “Yay! I got a book from BlogAdda”, was my first reaction. I asked my mom for a cup of coffee and started reading the book. It took me around four hours to complete the book and I completed it in one go. Alright, let us get to the details now.

The story-line:

Online chatting and dating might seem to be a clichéd concept to many but hey, the protagonists meet up online while playing scrabble. Now this is new, right? The story starts with a blind date between Alisha Menon (Worddiva) and Aryan Rajaram Chawla (Wordfreak). Whoever thought blind-dates do not exist anymore or aren’t fun will think twice after reading this book. Alisha is a successful lawyer and Aryan is an architect and a Page 3 boy. The best part is, he designs eco-friendly houses and is pretty much concerned with the carbon footprint. Savitri Menon, Alisha's mother has a major influence on her life; Aryan is mostly influenced by his Uncle Sam and grandmother. 

The story is all about how two different people enter into a relationship, how they work on their relationship and their differences, how Alisha gets over her fear for commitment, how Aryan sorts out issues with his father and step-mother, and blah blah! (I am not going to reveal the entire plot duh! You got to read the book for it)

The book is interesting and racy. And I am sure that majority of girls would love the book but hey, it is not a chick-lit. If you are that die-hard romantic, you will love this book totally. 

Writing Style:

Falguni Kothari is the author of the book and I must say that she has done a pretty good job for this is her first novel. Her writing style is simple and humourous at many joints. Honestly, one can relate with her joyous characters because you might find similar people in your own family. :-)

I Like:

     1)   Of course, the plot.

     2)  The protagonists and the way they stood up to their values and never compromised on   their principles. In fact, every character of the book has a story to tell and we can relate to them easily.

And oh, did I mention that I love the way Diya (Alisha’s best friend) calls her Lee-sha?

My Rating: 3.75/5


This review is a part of the Book Reviews Program at BlogAdda.com. Participate now to get free books!

6 comments:

Aditya Kasibhatla on 15 May 2012, 06:31:00 said...

Sounds Interesting! :D

I didn't get it! :(

Sugumar on 15 May 2012, 06:33:00 said...

am comin back from vizag and stealing the book from u!! :D

Sunaina! on 15 May 2012, 06:42:00 said...

@Aditya: :-D :-P

@Sugumar: Haha! :-D

Asisha on 17 May 2012, 06:13:00 said...

And wen's Sug's dne.. Guess who's gonna borrow it :D ??

Asisha on 17 May 2012, 06:13:00 said...

And wen's Sug's dne.. Guess who's gonna borrow it :D ??

Sunaina Patnaik on 17 May 2012, 06:19:00 said...

Haha! :-D
You!

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos