Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So Did I Learn Anything?

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Okhay! So I am going to be 21 in another ten days and honestly, I do not feel like that yet. I mean, I am going to be 21 and I feel like a seventeen year old person who is not serious about anything. When people say to me that I need to get serious, I have this typical deja vu feeling that keeps knocking my head periodically. 

"Hey you are going to be 21 in few days. You need to stop wearing those pink and red shoes."

Oh really? Just because I will be 21, should I dress up like Miss Havisham? Oh please, you cannot expect me to grow up overnight, okay? Besides, I will be shoe-less if I throw them away. Clueless, too! :-/

So, now the question is did I learn anything in the past twenty years?
*Scratches the head and mutters gibberish*

Oh yes! I have. I guess, I have a list. I know, I know, I make a list for every damned thing. :D

And here I go, things I have learnt:

1) Make mistakes and learn from your mistakes. A very cliched statement, right? 
Learn from your mistakes and do not flaunt your stupidity again. Well, I have learned this one for sure. :-D

2) Do not let wolves eat away your life. Your life, your rules. I have had just one wolf in my life and I am glad that that ugly (not just by heart and mind but by face too) creature does not exist in my life anymore. Good Riddance!

3) Do what you love and love what you do. Yet another cliched statement from ME! And before you come to a conclusion that I am giving out all statements from Google, I would like to say that we need to abide by this rule all the time.

4) You learn a lot from traveling too. Especially, when you travel all alone. 
Traveling, pictures, memories. Hell yeah, the best thing to do.

5) It is easy to get addicted to bad habits and having bad people around you is even more addictive. Chuck them out!


6) Been there, done that. It is a terrible
thing to grow up and act like an adult. Life is simple when you do not grow up. Being childish has it own pros and cons too but it is better that way. ;-)

And now, what I have really learned in these few (Actually, a lot) years and the past few days are:

  • Learning Italian. Oh hell yes, I am. A beautiful language!
  • Improving my writing abilities, getting better at clicking pictures, collecting vintage and rare stamps.
  • Being a workaholic can attract expletives from your friends. ;-)
  • Do not brood over things a lot. 
  • Having fun- I have degrees and diplomas in this. Having fun in all weird, cranked up ways is the best thing I have learnt.

And now that I have written this total gibberish, I will get back to my 'stacking up of stamps' activity.

16 comments:

Sugumar on 23 May 2012, 08:29:00 said...

dint u learn how to cook yet?? :P
so sad i say!!
haha!! jus kiddin.. wait am nt kiddin learn to cook too.
and good that u've learnt all that good stuff!! :D
Keep going Su gurl!!

Sunaina Patnaik on 23 May 2012, 08:32:00 said...

Oh yes! I wanted to mention this but guess what? I cannot just cook yet.

:-D

Rahul on 23 May 2012, 08:35:00 said...

Growing up!Such a pain!

Sunaina Patnaik on 23 May 2012, 08:51:00 said...

Haha! Yeah!

sumukh bansal on 23 May 2012, 09:25:00 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sumukh bansal on 23 May 2012, 09:26:00 said...

your list sounds otherwise...
people need depth to understand things in that way..
so even if you feel like 17 you are far ahead of that..

your quote about traveling is striking me specially.. :)

Sunaina Patnaik on 23 May 2012, 10:22:00 said...

@Sumukh: :-) I am glad to see that you think I am far ahead of my immature mind. :-D

Amrutha Vemuri on 23 May 2012, 10:56:00 said...

a nice read. its gud dat u have learnt hw to prioritize..u missed adding this.. :))))

cngratulations...100 followers. ;)

Ramya on 23 May 2012, 11:05:00 said...

haha..keep learning. :P :P

Sunaina Patnaik on 23 May 2012, 11:07:00 said...

@Amrutha: Yay! :D

@Ramya: :-D

Aditya on 23 May 2012, 12:24:00 said...

Being a child is always fun! :D

keep learning! :P

Aditya Kasibhatla on 23 May 2012, 12:27:00 said...

Who would ever want to grow?!

It's always fun to be a kid, talk, act like a kid! Leave the "growth" to society!

Sunaina Patnaik on 23 May 2012, 12:33:00 said...

@Aditya: Sure!:-P

@Aditya: Haha! True! :D

Asisha on 24 May 2012, 09:53:00 said...

U r learning Italian.. And u dint yet tell me !! I am missing a lot of updates dese days !

Asisha on 24 May 2012, 09:54:00 said...

And I see you did really end up with this post !! :)

Sunaina Patnaik on 24 May 2012, 09:55:00 said...

@Asisha: haha yep! I am learning. I have written an introduction about me in Italian. Will show you on Monday! :-D

And oh yep, finally I did. :-D

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos