Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lazy Days are Here to Stay! :-|

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Oh well, I am talking about the holidays. There were moments in my life when I desperately waited for holidays to come, or at least the weekends, and even worse, for the Independence Day, for a holiday. You know, how it is, right? The life of an engineer? We get loads of work, and assignments to do. Of course, we never complete them but hey, we pretend like we are the most hard-working creatures on this planet. Anyway, my point is not to disgrace us, The Techies, but to talk about the holidays which have turned me into a lazy bug. Few friends call me hard-working, workaholic and similar things but they are friends and they tend to say such things. Right?

Holidays..umm..holidays! Okay, the things I am doing in the holidays and the things I have learnt. 

  • Holidays are fun! But only if they are for a shorter period of time. These long term holidays can be very boring and will get you nowhere. 
  • Facebook was so much when I had college. You know, you can talk crap about your lecturers, HOD, and your principal; you can crib about not having holidays; you can bunk classes and update dumb statuses, use Facebook as a mere mean of escaping lectures. I hate to say this but I am missing my crappy college. 
  • I am tweeting. Uh huh, not the sensible things. But the senseless things. Well, that is why twitter exists, right? Twitter is so much fun when you are jobless and have nothing worthy to say on Facebook. For instance, 'Yay! I am eating ice-cream', and then 'Yay! My second scoop of ice-cream', or 'Hey! You are a douche-bag' (Basically, things that do not make any sense at all)
  • I thought I would read all the awesome books in holidays. Yes, I am reading but I guess, I went over-board and read some crappy ones too. Just to warn you, never read 'The Boy Next Door' by Meg Cabot. It is pretty much boring and the entire book is in mails. Yes, the story is narrated in the form of e-mails. * Face-palm*
  • When I was in college, I had no time to write. I would sneak out my journal book to write during lectures only to be lectured by my HOD, or even worse, to be screamed at, 'Roll No 6, what are you writing?' Well, obviously I cannot tell her that I was writing shitty things about her.  :D
  • Okay! The above situation is when I had no time to write. Now, I have all the time in the world to write but I do not have any topics to write on. (Topics which might interest me)
  • Music! Ah yes, I have downloaded music from all sites, downloaded music of all my favourite bands and singers, downloaded music from all my favourite movies and now, gave up. I just have too many songs. Now please do not tell me that I haven't downloaded Chris Brown or Justin Bieber, I hate them.
  • When I had college, I saw Indian Idol and its repeat telecasts too. And now? Let alone, the repeat telecasts, I am not able to watch the actual telecasts. Terrible!
  • And oh hey, the movies. I have seen so many movies, so many times that I probably know all the dialogues of Pride and Prejudice even better than Keira and Matthew MacFadyen. Of course, I have seen some wretched movies too. *Sigh*

And honestly I miss going to the college, not for the love of the college but for the best things that these four years of college has given me. I miss getting my jeans dirty in the rain, I miss sleeping during lectures, I miss eating my canteen's half-boiled, half-cooked food, I miss getting lectured for having low attendance, I miss running behind dingy hospitals for medical certificates, I miss breaking the dress code rules. Oh hell, my college wasn't so bad after all.

And, I don't believe I said that! :D

9 comments:

anwesha on 20 Jun 2012, 09:43:00 said...

:D haha i thought u wud nvr gt bored :D

Amrutha Vemuri on 20 Jun 2012, 09:52:00 said...

i want holidays :(

Sunaina on 20 Jun 2012, 10:03:00 said...

@Anwesha: Well, I thought the same.

@Amrutha: You did not get it, did you?

Asisha on 20 Jun 2012, 10:07:00 said...

I guess.. V cn never get over college for all the good and bad(according to the colg :P ) things we've done.. Inspite of hating it to the core..!

Sunaina on 20 Jun 2012, 10:24:00 said...

I guess so! :P

Lazy Pineapple on 21 Jun 2012, 02:10:00 said...

you are making me so nostalgic about college. Sigh! wish could go back there and take a break from all these responsibilities.

Sunaina on 21 Jun 2012, 03:51:00 said...

:D

Sugumar on 21 Jun 2012, 08:13:00 said...

U miss your college??
You know, thats the best thing you said about your college from the first day you started going!! :p

Sunaina on 21 Jun 2012, 08:14:00 said...

Haha! Really? I have said few more good things here and there. Just that the bad things dominated the good ones! :)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos