Saturday, January 16, 2016

What If We All Looked Alike?

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Saturday, January 16, 2016

I have been wanting to write something today but cannot think of anything.

Why does this happen? When you want to write so much, there is no time. And when you have time, your brain decides to be dysfunctional. Sure Hemingway said that writing is all about sitting at the typewriter and bleeding, but today isn't one of those amazing days.

A while ago, I was talking to a friend who asked me if I would treat people differently if I were a different person. Honestly, I am not known for my best behaviour always. I am a slave to my mood swings, and it could get a little tough to keep up with my whims and caprices. So, would I treat people differently if I were someone else? I do not know. Maybe I would. Maybe I would not.

On a slightly related note, I have a different question. What if everyone in the world looked alike? Would you then treat your fellow human beings equally? Would first impressions and appearances matter then? Would you then compliment a person's beauty based on their ideas and thoughts? Would you then put an effort into understanding the soul of a person that is carefully veiled behind their face? Would you then differentiate yourself from the person next to you with more than just a face? Because you and I are practically just the same, and our window to the world is our heart. And matters pertaining to heart are always pure.

I do not know how we would treat each other even then but the world might be a better place to live in. I'd vouch for it.

P.S. Dear God, I know you have better things to do than read my blog, but if you just happen to stumble upon this post accidentally, maybe you will consider my plea of making everyone look alike in your next evolutionary project. It's time to jazz things a little bit, isn't it? Or just make the world dark where people are forced to have meaningful conversations with each other by not looking at each other? I mean, whatever you think would work. You know the best, obviously!

11 comments:

saichandra sv on 16 Jan 2016, 06:20:00 said...

Dear fanatic, you request has been received and is forwarded to appropriate department, It will be processed soon.

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha. xD

Sunaina Patnaik on 16 Jan 2016, 06:33:00 said...

@Anonymous: Human, hope you had a good laugh. Why not leave your name the next time you visit my space? Thanks! :)

@Sai Chandra: Sure!

Radhika Mundra on 16 Jan 2016, 06:41:00 said...

I love such random ramblings that are far more meaningful than what we carefully think over and write! :)

Things would get pretty messy if everybody looks alike, don't you think? Rather, let there not be anyone above the others. Let all be beautiful and pure. Works?

Do visit my space: www.expressinglife.in! :)

Sunaina Patnaik on 16 Jan 2016, 06:57:00 said...

@Radhika: @Radhika: I am not sure. I wouldn't know until and unless I experience that sort of a world. In a world where everything has become so superficial, there needs to be a fair call somewhere. Beautiful and pure are just one side to the coin, but we all would cease to appreciate beauty and purity if that is all that's there in the world.

So, let there be good people. Let there be bad people. But let there be a different way of perception.

Thank you for visiting my space. :)

Saket on 16 Jan 2016, 19:32:00 said...

This is one hell of an idea for a post, Sunaina.

Please Accept my compliments on possessing a mind that can think like this.

Sunaina Patnaik on 16 Jan 2016, 19:38:00 said...

@Saket: Thank you, Saket. Very kind of you. :)

Tomichan Matheikal on 17 Jan 2016, 03:48:00 said...

How boring it would be!

Sunaina Patnaik on 17 Jan 2016, 04:00:00 said...

@Tomichan: Haha. Of course.

Upasna Sethi on 17 Jan 2016, 06:10:00 said...

Ha ha ...nice to think how the things would be.
Your next post could be about imaginary things as its aftermath.

Sunaina Patnaik on 17 Jan 2016, 06:48:00 said...

@Upasna: Hahah. Thanks for the idea. Sounds interesting. I should probably try writing that.

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos