Sunday, April 02, 2017

Those Days.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, April 02, 2017

I still remember those days,
when my life was different and
I was a different person,
the biggest problem then was a boy
breaking my heart,
or me breaking his,
following days and weeks of regret.

I still remember those days,
when it was summer and
the Sun was either at its best
or worst,
both of which weren't a reason worth celebrating,
confined to the darkness of home where
even sun rays refused to reach,
I hoped to bid Summer a warmer goodbye soon.

I still remember those days,
when it's raining, and the raindrops on my windows
lure me into the world, outside,
as I step out into the balcony, the water forms a
little puddle around my feet,
the memory so fresh, it still feels like this morning,
I get drenched in the rain without an iota of worry,
I might suffer from sinusitis tomorrow but today,
I am wild and free,
and as these thoughts form a little castle in my mind,
I hear my mother's voice from the kitchen, downstairs,
"Your coffee is ready."

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos