Thursday, October 18, 2012

What Not To Do In The Office!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Thursday, October 18, 2012

So when was the last time I ever wrote anything? I know I have ignored my blog, writing, reading, photography for sometime now but the writer in me has taken an oath to write at least 500-800 words each day. No, seriously! You'll see more of me in my blog and other places in the coming few days. Yay!

I was sitting in the office today and like always, I did some major goof-ups. Sigh! Will I ever grow up? Anyway, I thought I should be writing a post on the things that are STRICTLY not meant to be done at work. 

1) Listening to music on a loud-speaker: For crying out loud, why can't you get a pair of damned ear-phones? I mean, yes, you are definitely sweet. You love listening to Justin Bieber, One Direction and Gangnam Style (Did I even spell it right?) but we don't. Some of us are actually trying to work with a limited amount of concentration and we go into depression the moment you play your oh-so-famous play-list.
No offence!

2) Cribbing over free coffee: Seriously? Like really, really? Why in the world do you have to crib over free coffee? 
I wonder why people brag that coffee at home is better than the coffee at office. Everyone cannot be your mother, duh!

3) Flicking office stationery: This is such a cliche, right? I know we all have needs, we need papers, note-pads, pens and pencils but the office pays for us not for our entire household, neighbourhood, kith and kin and given a chance, few people might even pass them over to their foes. Sweet life, nay?

4) The 'Oh-So-Famous Office Gossip': Ah! This is the most interesting thing, right? I am actually beaming as I type this. Nothing can beat the good old office gossip but hey, being a gossip-monger might land you in a big-time trouble.



5) Do not PEEP: This is the most annoying habit I've ever come across. Few people just don't stop staring into your computer and all that you can do is-- a) Lock your computer, b) Close your chat-boxes. 

6) Sleeping in the office: Isn't this a classic? I mean who doesn't want to sleep in the office? AC, comfy chairs, good music in your music player obviously drives the passion in you to doze off like a pig. But do realize that a company doesn't pay to sleep or hog like a pig.

Yes, I don't sleep during my working hours. How awesome am I?

7) The Break Time: Ah! Now this happens with me everyday. Yes, every freaking day. *Sniff* There are times when I wonder if my company is paying me for spending time in the cafeteria. How I wish they did!

I wish!

I still wish!

8) Social Networking Sites: How many of us do this? I don't. I mean I would have but then my company isn't a Facebook-ho. 

Honestly, I see many friends on Facebook, Gmail, Skype during their working hours and I wonder how they manage to work with so much entertainment and picture-viewing going on in their mind. Some workers!

And with this, I come to the end of the post.
I have completed two months in my office and unlike others, I don't crib over going to the office. I look forward for each day. Period. Yes, to have fun. (Obviously) 

12 comments:

Aditya Kasibhatla on 18 Oct 2012, 09:05:00 said...

I totally agree with the cribbing over the coffee thing!

And, @ EA music is supposed to be heard loud! :D

Flicking office stationery is so practiced at my workplace! :P




Sunaina on 18 Oct 2012, 09:09:00 said...

Haha! :-D

Happens everywhere, I suppose.Such a shame!

Sugumar on 18 Oct 2012, 10:26:00 said...

Will keep all of this mind, while i actually strt workin!! :D

Sunaina on 19 Oct 2012, 06:41:00 said...

Haha! :-D

Jay Singh on 19 Oct 2012, 07:27:00 said...

HAHAHA .....a good take on the subject Sunaina :)
Hilarious :)

Regards

Jay
http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

Sunaina on 19 Oct 2012, 08:44:00 said...

Thank you so much!

himanshu nagpal on 19 Oct 2012, 14:18:00 said...

hahahaha.... I can relate so much to it... to every word you mentioned...
BTW, I even write blogs in my office :P Shhhhhhh

Himanshu Nagpal | Being Traveler

http://www.beingtraveler.com

Sabyasachi Patra | Tales from Wild India on 19 Oct 2012, 22:46:00 said...

Well written. Since there were so many posts about love or the lack of it, I thought you would be alluding to office romance in your post. However, stationery... I think it is taken as a birth right. We had instructed our security not to bother people if they find postit or pads and pens in the bags. :)

Mr.Jovita on 21 Oct 2012, 00:02:00 said...

Lol, I loved this so much I'm gona share this on my facebook fan page, https://www.facebook.com/MrJovita!

Sunaina on 21 Oct 2012, 03:35:00 said...

Hey!
Thank you so much! :)

Ecstacy on 4 Nov 2012, 09:37:00 said...

Good one :) though I gotta replace the office part with college! the sleeping part and the break time :) kudos :D :D

Sunaina on 5 Nov 2012, 04:28:00 said...

Haha, thanks! :D

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos