Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Being Broke!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, April 10, 2013



It is just the second week of the month and we haven't hit the weekend yet. But I am broke! Yes, already. I am always broke. I feel happy when I receive a text from my bank saying my salary has been credited. Who doesn't? And even if I am in a deep slumber drifting into a fairy-tale world, I wake up. I wake up and plant myself in front of my laptop. I order all random stuff online and convince myself that I would use them. Obviously! Why else do you buy stuff?

And well, you get the drift. I am broke by the end of the first week itself. The remaining days are, clearly, spent in misery. Sometimes, I wonder if my bank is stealing my money. Sometimes, I wonder if my wallet has a massive chunk of hole that makes my money fly away and then, like always some sense creeps into me. I open my closet, I open my shoe case, I look at my cup-boards and I understand where my money flew. And of course, there are times when a set of bills and all fall into my lap from my wallet. The 'souvenirs' as I call them. 

And now, I know how being broke feels. It feels hungry, it feels horrid, it feels like 'you need to buy every piece of shit but you cannot because you spent a greater deal on other shit in the first week of the month', it feels miserable and it feels like..umm..you know..a Mango dress with a pair of matching Steve Madden.

But on the other hand, being broke has its own benefits. For instance, let us see the following:

1. When I have money, I have this inane urge to buy useless things. And I buy them. And throw them away once expiry date comes closer.

When I am broke, I do not have to stress my brain on what to buy and what not to buy. 

2. I do not have to worry about buying things anymore. Because I let my father buy them. Ha! :D

3. You turn responsible. No, really!

But if you are a person like me, then, you don't. How sad!

But anyway, I tell you what? Your early twenties is the phase in your life when you can be irresponsible and get away with it. You do not have to think a lot, save a lot or worry a lot. Let us just save all the trauma for the post twenties and have a happy (and should I say extravagant) early twenties right now?

Hello, mommaa?? Are you listening?

3 comments:

AaeKay :) on 10 Apr 2013, 07:46:00 said...

Love love love this post!! :D

Must be because I'm in the same shoes right now ;)

Sunaina on 10 Apr 2013, 08:18:00 said...

Yay! :D Thank you!

Asisha on 11 Apr 2013, 21:14:00 said...

Hahaha Good One !
U're Right! 'Let's have a HAPPY early twenties'
And spend all the money ;)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos