Wednesday, April 17, 2013

So Much For A Happy Ending!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, April 17, 2013


IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR NOW. I AM TURNING INTO A MISERABLE WRECK. CAN YOU HELP ME? My friend shouted over phone. She was moping over her long distance relationship with this wonderful guy and she asked me if I could help her. Well, really? Those were the days when I was in college, I had no clue how these long distance relationships worked out. But still, I chose stupidity over silence and gave her all dumb ideas to help her come out of the misery.

For once, I should have put myself in her shoes, and understand the trauma she was going through. I could not! 

SUNAINA, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BADLY I MISS HER. A MAJOR CHUNK OF MY LIFE IS MISSING AND I AM HELPLESS. I WANT TO BE THERE FOR HER, TAKE HER SHOPPING, BUY HER THE THINGS SHE LAYS HER EYES ON. I JUST WANT TO BE THERE FOR HER LISTENING TO HER TALKING ABOUT ALL THE RANDOM THINGS UNDER THE SKY. It was that wonderful guy who was smitten by the love bug and was equally suffering like my friend. It was strange to listen to a guy going all mushy-mushy yet it was amazing. I was happy for my friend. But I could not fathom why things were not working out for them. I hallucinated long distance relationships to be awesome. You know you get a lot of space, you do not have to put up with too many tantrums. Like, no drama, no trauma.

And once again, I chose stupidity over silence and lectured them on how awesome it is too be far away. Let alone long distance relationships, my knowledge in relationships was pretty slim back then. Though I refrained myself from suggesting drastic ideas, I gave them lame ideas which nearly killed them. Of course!

I still remember the bubble of joy on her face when she received his letter one day, the longing in her voice, and the disappointment in her voice when she read it. He wrote to her saying it was not working out. He told her it was to end. Both of them convinced themselves that it was meant to end. They put on strong faces, ignored friends and acted wise. They never ignored me..probably because I never asked them anything about their relationship. 

And then, one day, he spent a lot on an International call to his angelic friend (Read, Sunaina) and that probably is the best call he ever made to his friends. Says he, not me!

"I cannot stay without her."

"Umm. Really? I thought you were happy. Weren't you the one who thought it was supposed to end?"

"Let me tell you how unhappy I am."

"Do me a favour and spare me the drama. Tell me what you want to do."

"I want her back. Blah, blah. blah this, blah that, blah, blah all over again."

"Have you been listening to Avril Lavigne? Why are talking like a moron?"

"You won't understand. When you go through all this na, you will. You will no more listen to your Green Day. You will be the one listening to Mandy Moore, Avril and Kelly Clarkson. I will make fun of you then. Alright?"

"You wish, my friend, you wish."

And after all this friendly banter ended, he called her. It was one heck of a conference call and well..gulp..umm..you know..I had to put up with too much of well, you know it. And later, way too many things happened in their relationship, too many complications that I could never decipher, too much of drama that stoned me, too much of love that irked me.

It has been five years now and they are together and going stronger with every passing moment. Congratulations on getting engaged! I am so efffffing happy for you guys. XOXOXO

And anyway, aren't you like too young to be engaged? Yes, whatever!

P.S. I have been threatened and tormented horribly to write this.


18 comments:

anwesha on 17 Apr 2013, 08:04:00 said...

U actually wrote it? eeeeee :D thankxxxxxxxx its so cuteee..its the best post on yua blog..

Sunaina on 17 Apr 2013, 08:29:00 said...

Oh yeah? Just because it is your story. Go, get a life now. I made you popular. :D

Naveen on 17 Apr 2013, 08:33:00 said...

am so happy :D

Sunaina on 17 Apr 2013, 08:33:00 said...

;-) Like I don't know.

AaeKay :) on 17 Apr 2013, 08:37:00 said...

This is actually super cute. <3

Congrats to the couple! Wish you all happiness! *touchwood*

Sunaina on 17 Apr 2013, 08:39:00 said...

:-)

Ramya on 17 Apr 2013, 09:04:00 said...

Awesome loved it

Prodeep Jandhyala on 17 Apr 2013, 09:10:00 said...

congratulations idiot :D

and Rinky..awesome stuff ;)

Sunaina on 17 Apr 2013, 09:12:00 said...

:-D

AaeKay :) on 17 Apr 2013, 17:54:00 said...


I'd like to give you an award.. Check it out at http://ablogtoremember-abi.blogspot.in/2013/04/yay-another-award.html?showComment=1366246052928#c8628898773560371786

:)

Sunaina on 18 Apr 2013, 04:30:00 said...

Hey! Thank you so much! <3

Asisha on 18 Apr 2013, 22:29:00 said...

Congrats Anwesha and Naveen :)

Awesome narration SU! ;)

Sunaina on 19 Apr 2013, 01:59:00 said...

Yay! :D

Ashna Banga on 19 Apr 2013, 04:14:00 said...

Cute story! Congratulations to your friends! :D

Madhu Shree on 20 Apr 2013, 09:29:00 said...

Loved your narration, such a happy ending, cheers! :-)

Sunaina on 20 Apr 2013, 10:53:00 said...

@Madhu: Thanks a bunch! :)

Aditya Kasibhatla on 21 Apr 2013, 10:30:00 said...

Quite a story, congratulations to both of the protagonists! :P

And, very nicely narrated miss! :)

Sunaina on 21 Apr 2013, 18:39:00 said...

Thanks! :D

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos