Monday, October 07, 2013

Five Dream Jobs! :D

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Monday, October 07, 2013


“My job is to scream cockle-doodle-doo. Don't blame me if the sun doesn't rise.” 

9-5 jobs! How many of us are already warming up to this idea? The famous myth says that 9-5 jobs kill creativity, wreck your social life, ruin your friendships and relationships. Well, it is a myth. At least, in my case. 

I digress.

So, we all have an image of these oh-so-perfect jobs in our mind and in many cases, the moolah doesn't matter. Right? Hey, I am talking about the 'not-very-ambitious, creativity is all' lot here. You invest bankers are doing just fabulous. I am talking about us, the non-serious, goofy people. 

On an unrelated note, I imagined eight dream jobs but I didn't want the post to be very lengthy (and boring). So, I cut them down to five. 

*Drumroll*

1) The Foodie: Seriously, how many of us have this on our list? I mean getting paid for eating food is the best job ever. Everytime I watch "Highway On My Plate" and "The Foodie" on the television, I cannot fathom why I don't find such stimulating (Yes, I used stimulating because I don't want to come across as a glutton. Idiocy, I know) jobs.

They don't just eat a lot. They get to travel a lot as well. Gee! 

2) Travel Writer: They say traveling is the only thing that makes you rich. Word! Travel writers have such wonderful experiences, don't they? They eat different cuisines, meet new people, listen to fascinating stories, take beautiful pictures, make the less fortunate one jealous, and like an icing on the cake, they get to write in beautiful locations. Awesome!

3) Book Reviewer: Imagine locking yourself up in a room full of wonderful books. Yay! Could there be a better job?

4) The Dreamer: Okay now, dreaming isn't a simple job, okay? It is a rather painful job to remember and recollect your dreams. Wouldn't it be lovely if we get paid for dreaming? I know, I know, it is SO Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. 

I would jump and scream in joy if my boss says, "Sleep for the whole month, dream, send me a report of your dreams, and you'll get paid.

What can I say? He would be the best boss ever, my friend.

5) Movie Critic: If there is one job where money wouldn't really matter to me, it is this. I would watch four movies and a few episodes from a sitcom everyday and a lot more for this job. (Does this sound like a career objective in a C.V? Oops!) 

This, indeed, is a dream job. Call me a stereotype, but I would watch Indian movies and only those movies starring Jude Law (Say, a current obsession? It will wear off in a week.)

Like Confucius said, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life", I will shed tears of joy if I do any of these jobs. 
Oh, I actually have three more dream jobs. But I will come up with another post soon. 

So, what are your dream jobs? 

7 comments:

Srinivas on 8 Oct 2013, 01:56:00 said...

1. Book Reviewer
2. travel writer
3. teacher (upto 4th class only)

Sunaina on 8 Oct 2013, 03:58:00 said...

:D

Bharat Varma on 8 Oct 2013, 21:10:00 said...

1. Travel photographer

2. Food critic

Sunaina on 8 Oct 2013, 22:29:00 said...

Sweet! :)

Sarthak Ahuja on 15 Oct 2013, 04:18:00 said...

This reminds me of what I said I wanted to be all through my schooling.

KG: Ice-cream Man
I: Police Officer
II: Pilot
III: Astronaut
IV: Actor
V: Librarian
VI: Detective
VII: Rapper
VIII: Army Man
IX: Scientist
X: School Board Topper
XI: My Crush's Boyfriend
XII: An SRCC Student

1st Year: Food Critic
2nd Year: Travel Show Host
3rd Year: Writer

Ended up studying Company Secretaryship and Cost Accountancy after that, and am busy with my CA final exams now.

Next: Stand Up Comedian

Sunaina on 15 Oct 2013, 05:49:00 said...

Well, good luck with that. :)

Asisha on 15 Oct 2013, 20:57:00 said...

I guess u know my dream job :D

A lead singer for a famous rock band

Well, do we call that a job? :P

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos