Friday, January 17, 2014

Let Me Love You At Your Worst!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Friday, January 17, 2014

Watson: Why is she like this?
Sherlock: Because you chose her.

The moment I watched this scene, I knew it was going to be the best part of the entire episode. It indeed did.

I vividly remember asking myself countless times, “Why did I choose you of all people? Could I not choose someone better?

But I chose you.

I chose trouble. I chose disorder. I chose pain.

I chose you. Because you keep me emotionally alive. I chose my stupidity over shrewdness.

And for all intents and purposes, I fell in love with you and there isn’t a better way of expressing this, I reckon. I want to love you at your worst.

I want to love you when you crease your forehead because of the hot summer heat, I want to love you when you freak out because the food doesn't get delivered on time, and I want to love you when you are majorly disappointed with someone in your life. I will not brush it aside as a quarter-life crisis.

I will love you when you are tired and I know I must suffer the repercussions. I will love you and put up with all your whims and caprices. I will love you when things do not work out. I will love you even when I realize that you are pushing me away for my own good. I will love you even when you are going through a major trauma. I will love you because I know I want to be your strongest even at your weakest.

I want to love you when you break down, I will hold your arm, and stand by your side. I want to love you when you want me to hold you because you miss someone. I want to love you in your failure even when I am not with you in your victory. No matter whoever is with you in your happiness, I want to love you in your turmoil and despair; hopelessness and melancholy. I want to love you in your insecurities and dire straits. 

I want to love you like how a certain writer would love his first book, like how a painter would love his most underrated yet precious piece of work, like how a musician would love a tune that brings back all his best memories I will love you like how a poet would love his tragedy. I want to love you like how Moon would love the Sun. I want to love you like how an alcoholic holds on to his pain. 

I want to love you a little more. A little more with every passing day.

So, would you let me love you at your worst? Just let me.

14 comments:

anwesha on 17 Jan 2014, 05:48:00 said...

how do you write such beautiful stuff? just love it. wish i could write something similar :)

Ankith Kapadia on 17 Jan 2014, 05:53:00 said...

This is beyond beautiful. Cheers ;)

Sunaina on 17 Jan 2014, 05:54:00 said...

@Anwesha: Awwww! Thank you so much! :)

@Ankith: Much thanks!

ankitha on 17 Jan 2014, 06:00:00 said...

Envy man..just love how beautiful you write :) keep good stuff coming..

Sradha Sarma on 17 Jan 2014, 06:01:00 said...

Lovely one :)

Sunaina on 17 Jan 2014, 06:02:00 said...

@Ankitha: Huge thanks! :)

@Sradha: Thank you!

Aditya Kasibhatla on 17 Jan 2014, 07:15:00 said...

Aah! This is sheer beauty! Awesome! :)

Sunaina on 17 Jan 2014, 07:16:00 said...

@Aditya: Yay! Thanks! :D

Namrata on 18 Jan 2014, 21:06:00 said...

Can anyone love you so much? Isnt it supposed to be fictional love..in reality, I fail miserably yo believe this. Love is hard, struggling and something that makes you vulnerable.

Awesome writing indeed. :)

Sunaina on 18 Jan 2014, 21:14:00 said...

@Namrata: Thank you so much! :)

Ramya on 20 Jan 2014, 23:19:00 said...

Beautiful post Sunaina :)

I love it...

Sunaina on 20 Jan 2014, 23:22:00 said...

@Ramya: Thank you!

Jemina on 21 Jan 2014, 01:05:00 said...

Lovely

Sunaina on 21 Jan 2014, 04:02:00 said...

@Jemina: Thank you!

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos