Sunday, June 22, 2014

Guess Who Has A Typewriter Now?

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, June 22, 2014

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.”
― Ray Bradbury

Oh God! 

Take a look at my typewriter. Isn't it a beauty?

I have been lusting for a typewriter ever since ever. And a vintage one, at that.

And look what I got this birthday? A beautiful typewriter. My joy knew no bounds when I saw it. 

As I sit in front of the typewriter and try to write, I couldn't fathom the number of typographical errors I was making. Little did I know Ms Word was making my job a lot easier. 

While technology has been making (and will make) our jobs feasible and more easier, the joy of holding on to the old fashioned methods of writing - the good old typewriters, a paper and a pen, and the smell of ink will drift you into a whole new world.

The best part is it reduces your typographical and grammatical errors too. More focus, eh?

Now, let us go back and look at that picture. Isn't it a beauty? 

http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/typers.html


3 comments:

Qais Palekar on 29 Jun 2014, 17:07:00 said...

Yeah it is a beauty. Congratulations. I always wanted a typewriter in my possession.dont know when i will be lucky enough to get such beauty.

Tanveer Talib on 10 Jul 2014, 03:09:00 said...

Wow ! The world between you and the typewriter is totally ironical and different ! Keep writing #writers #pride :)

Sunaina on 10 Jul 2014, 03:41:00 said...

@Tanveer: Thanks you.

@Qais: :-)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos