Thursday, February 05, 2015

YOUR LITTLE EIFFEL TOWER DREAM MATTERS!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Thursday, February 05, 2015

“I'm not sentimental--I'm as romantic as you are. The idea, you know,

is that the sentimental person thinks things will last--the romantic
person has a desperate confidence that they won't.” 
― F. Scott FitzgeraldThis Side of Paradise



My one point agenda for today: Write something. Just anything.



I need to get too many things out of my system right now.




So while doing so, I was racking my brains trying to recollect the conversations I had with people over the week, and I figured there was this certain friend who asked me why I write a lot about love.



A. For one thing, I am not drunk in love.



B. But then, I suppose I really do write a lot about it. There have been a lot of people who asked me why I do that, but I guess I never really answered their question even decently well.



Isn't love worth writing about? I am constantly amazed at the fact that it can define or destruct our lives. 



It destructs, but, leads us to the right places.



I cannot stop wondering why love is that one thing that we all think about, but barely talk about.



We all watch great movies, we all read epic love stories, we all admire the couples who make it happen, we hire insanely expensive photographers to shoot our moments of love.



And in cases when love comes with self destruction written all over it, we are so broken that only love heals us again.



But we refuse to talk about it.



We wonder why we have the need to talk about it. I mean, even commercially, love sells.



For instance, you as a reader, refuse to read a book review. However, a post on love receives the highest number of hits for the week.



Love thrives--be it in cinema, or in literature.



People talk about hate, massacres, cruelty, and things that are worse. Things that make you cringe. Things that give you sleepless nights. Things that steal your peace of mind.



Literally. You can take my word for it.



This world needs more people who can talk about love, and spread its good cheer. 



I tell you what? Do not just pack that little Eiffel Tower dream of yours in a box and store it in the back of your head.



While you are here, you might as well have that 'A walk in the rain under the Eiffel Tower' moment with your loved one.



Just make sure that you write and talk about it. 




Because your story could begin someone else's story. 

4 comments:

Econgirl on 6 Feb 2015, 07:05:00 said...

I so get this post. Beautifully written as always. :)

Sunaina Patnaik on 6 Feb 2015, 08:57:00 said...

@Econgirl: Thanks, Brototi! :)

yearful-of-sundays.com on 10 Feb 2015, 10:17:00 said...

Love is any day worth writing about. People do love to read about it, just about as much they're exasperated or disappointed or even angered by (various forms of) love. :) Very well expressed!

Sunaina Patnaik on 10 Feb 2015, 21:39:00 said...

@Yearful of Sundays.com: True! Thank you.

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos