Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Almost Twenty Four.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It looks like I am turning 24 in 13 days. Wow!


I have always been a huge fan of birthdays. Mostly, because of the cake. But even otherwise, I am always the weird one waiting for my birthday.


I have been hunting for the perfect dress for two weeks now. Though I found one, I am yet to get another one. And I don’t know why, I am really counting on getting the best dress ever. I have been receiving really wonderful presents and thoughtful letters from friends all over the world. I have made plans already. I am pretty excited, but I am little worried too. I am turning 24. Age might just be a number, but the last time I checked I was still 17. It does sound like a big deal to me.


Over the past few days, I have been trying to figure out the things I have done, and the mistakes I have learned from. I do not want to tread on the path of philosophy, but I am where I intended to be.


Over the past 23 years, 11 months, and 16 days, I have transformed from an introvert to an almost extrovert. I have started talking about things that matter to me--my blog is the proof to it. No matter where I am, and how old I get, I have always dreamed of being close to Literature. I am glad I haven’t given up on that dream. I am writing and I will always write. Of course, it did require a great deal of push from a corporate job to realize what I really wanted.


I have fallen in love. I have gotten my heart brutally broken. While one part of it urged me not to give up, the other part has constantly reminded me that I am what I am because of it. And honestly, it helped me realize that I have to let go of the life I planned ever so delicately to embrace the one that’s waiting for me. I am all about adventure now!


I have made friends at the oddest of moments and the unlikeliest of places. While some keep me sane, some run wild with me. I had to go through a slightly harder path to understand that you got to fight hard to keep your friends closer, and your family together. My friends are incredibly amazing. Even if they abuse me for not taking their calls. Even if they embarrass me at places I love the most.

I have kept two journals every year for a long period of time now. At the end of the year, as per my traditional calls, I destroy them. Only after keeping a copy of the really good ones.


Often you meet friends in the form of books and seek comfort in words. I have found one book 13 years ago and I go back to it time and again. That book has been a part of my life in sickness and joy. And my choice in music, my choice in music is getting better with time.


Something doesn't seem right though. On the outer shell, everything appears to be perfect. Almost 24 and I haven’t traveled even decently. What a shame! Sure, I have started taking my investments seriously, but what is the point if I am not putting them into use? Honestly, and quite seriously, I got to tick a few places off my list.


What else is on my mind? Ugh, I will just put travelling on my list of things to do for now.


I got to go get a new dress now. My birthday is just around the corner.

And oh, I will tell you all how it feels on turning 24.

4 comments:

monica malik on 26 May 2015, 22:24:00 said...

Happy(belated!) birthday
Love and Regards :) :)
Monica

Sunaina Patnaik on 27 May 2015, 21:45:00 said...

@Monica: Thanks. But my birthday is in June. :)

monica malik on 27 May 2015, 21:52:00 said...

oops..
The post was written on may 20th and then 13days from then
I (god knows for what reason assumed it to have been written on 5th May and calculated 13 days hence (I am dumb like that :P)
P.S Never the less, I get to now wish you for your birthday in time :)
(2nd june, right? Or I got the math wrong again...*embarrassed*)

Sunaina Patnaik on 28 May 2015, 07:51:00 said...

@Monica: Haha, thanks again!

It is 4th of June. :)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos