Thursday, May 07, 2015

Win Some, Lose Some.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Thursday, May 07, 2015


I have never been a huge fan of losing things.


In my world, winning is, quite obviously, the winner.


It looks like the equation has been changing lately. Not that I am really losing out on things. Or to be more precise, people. But I have been making a lot of revisions to my life, and editing the terrible things quite relentlessly - all to make my 24th birthday lovelier than ever.

Metamorphosis, I reckon.


I have always wondered, how do you really measure winning and losing when it comes to things that are not tangible. How do you measure all of it when it comes to people? The million dollar solution to that dilemma would pretty much sum to nothing.


Zilch. Nada.


Now, here is the thing. Over a period of time, I have developed a habit of holding on to something that has been bruising me. It hasn't just stolen my sleep, it has stolen my peace of mind too.

I mean, come to think of it, I have lost the count of the number of days where insomnia and distress engulfed me.


And for God knows what reason, I held on to it. Maybe I was trying to seek comfort in it. Maybe I was hoping it would turn out to be better in time.


Or maybe I was just scared of making that huge a change in my life. I was controlling my emotions, and probably was choosing the wrong notions in my head over my comfort.

Big. Fat. Mistake.

I've realized, happiness is the eternal solution to that damned dilemma. That is exactly what differentiates winning from losing.


For once, I have learned that controlling things doesn't always have to be my forte. And I let go.


Isn't it quite strange? When you really like something, you succumb to it in ways you wouldn't imagine, and no matter what people say, you put yourself out there. You take that leap of faith, and fall prey to idiotic things and quote lines like "The heart wants what it wants."  Yuck. I know. But maybe, that’s how you learn. You got to make your own mistakes to learn out of them. 

The best part is when you lose some, you win some.

Only to make way for better things in your life.

2 comments:

Soumya Sahu on 16 May 2015, 11:55:00 said...

Your blog is excellent. 👍

Sunaina Patnaik on 19 May 2015, 10:16:00 said...

@Soumya Sahu: Thank you so much! :)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos