Monday, February 13, 2017

An Unsung Song.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Monday, February 13, 2017

I remember the first time I saw you,
I was younger, and so were you,
The lights, like you, were at a proximity which was morosely faraway.
There was music in my head, which kept me oblivious to everything around,
Maybe even to the music that was played in the coffee shop.


Reticence and silence were lying astray in the air between us,
Like an unsung song whose lyrics I knew, but never the tune.
But even before we realized, we build a fort around awkward hushes and masked emotions,
The secret path to this fort, as someone once said, was not giving in to the urges.


We could have given in to it. Maybe we should have,
Instead, we made a deal with our mystical little minds,
To replace our hearts desires with vague reassurances and unsure answers.
Because in a battle between wants and needs, we were neither,
Maybe we were in-between but never enough to create symphonies.


Going back to the day when we first met, I now realize that,
Love was never our cup of tea,
It never was our humble abode.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos