Saturday, March 08, 2014

Share Your Life With Someone Who Is Worth Your Sundays!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Saturday, March 08, 2014

“Sitting with her on Sunday evening — a wet Sunday evening — the very time of all others when if a friend is at hand the heart must be opened, and every thing told…” 

― Jane AustenMansfield Park


What can be more beautiful than a Sunday morning? 

As the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafts through my house, I listen to my parents softly chatting about Indian politics and Literature, I know my Sunday has begun already, in the same old fashion, that has been prevalent for the past 22 years. I walk into the balcony, and enjoy the soothing music in the background. The unexpected rain makes your sunday even better. 

A Sunday is like a breath of fresh air.  You know it.

In the past 22 years, I recollect very few instances where I was rather forced to spend my Sundays without my family. To me, my sundays are strictly restricted to my family. This is a really funny unwritten law that my father passed on to me and my sister, and we love following it. Happily! I tend to spend my sundays reading, writing, watching Telugu classics, and sometimes, discussing about Indian mythology and Literature with my mother. We have been taught that a sunday is a pure indulgence. It is supposed to be spent doing things you love the most-talking to your family, dining with your family, and reading comics. I remember receiving a Tinkle or Tintin comic every sunday as a child.

Sometimes, all you need is a laid-back Sunday. You know it.

It is a rather established fact that every family spends sundays in a certain fashion. You know, some families spend their sundays watching movies, plays, and some spend with their extended family, some clean their house together, and of course, there are many more that are on the list. 

In this hectic lifestyle, a sunday is an only day where a family does all the things. Together. I mean it. Literally. It is one of the few days, where I see my sister and my parents doing a lot of things together. It is happiness and we all know it.

Now, most of us must be wondering why one should share their life with someone with whom they want to spend their sundays. Because sundays are a boon. They define you, they define the goofy things you do and a lot more. A sunday is like an ice-cream that is savoured every moment, and the person you share your life with should be the one who can be your partner in crime, on a lazy sunday. You, in every way, should be able to imagine yourself with your partner, sitting on a couch, reading a book, or watching a movie on a sunday, 5-10 years down the line. That is a sheer bliss, right?

And you know you should spend your life with that person because you are ready to sacrifice that one exotic day of your week on that person. It is so simple, right? Like the person fits in there, like an addition to your family, to your life, to your sunday. 

When you find that one person who makes your blissful sunday even better, just the way a cup of strong coffee makes a rainy day better, your life automatically turns beautiful in more than just one way.

You know it.

So, why don't you go make your sundays better?

13 comments:

Priyanandini Sarkar on 8 Mar 2014, 23:42:00 said...

Change your profession soon!

Priyanandini Sarkar on 8 Mar 2014, 23:43:00 said...

Change your profession ASAP!

Pradeep on 9 Mar 2014, 00:11:00 said...

nice dear

Manu Mohanan said...

Probably the best article I've read in a while. :)

Sunaina on 9 Mar 2014, 04:27:00 said...

@Priyanandini Sarkar: Deedi, thank you so much! :)

Sunaina on 9 Mar 2014, 04:28:00 said...

@Pradeep: Thanks bhayya! :)

Sunaina on 9 Mar 2014, 04:28:00 said...

@Manu: Hi! :P Thank you!

Asisha on 9 Mar 2014, 08:27:00 said...

This post feels like a Sunday ;)
A point well made and taken.

Sunaina on 9 Mar 2014, 08:38:00 said...

@Asisha: Thank you.

KARAN on 9 Mar 2014, 10:51:00 said...

Awsome !

Sunaina on 9 Mar 2014, 18:47:00 said...

@Karan: Thank you.

Jemina on 10 Mar 2014, 09:35:00 said...

Magnificant. Coming to think of it, My brother and I are usually grounded on Sundays and I don't at all see that in the negative fashion. You are totally right, its a blessing to have that one day in a week where its just our immediate family and us, talking and laughing to our heart's delight..:)
Good luck with finding a man worth your sundays..:) M sure he will walk in and fit in as you wish..:D
Nyc post..:D
Bravo..:D

Sunaina on 11 Mar 2014, 04:24:00 said...

@Jemina: Thank you.

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos