Sunday, March 27, 2016

Words Versus Silence.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, March 27, 2016

Words come easy to me.
But when I'm with you, I don't fill the silence with words.
As we sit at the corner of a coffee shop away from the world,
The darkness of the place, the pretty lights dangling up above,
Everything is perfect, but I don't try to fill the silence with words.
We laugh over the things that remain unsaid, we smile over the
thoughts that run in our heads.
You ask me to spill them out loud, but I don't feel the need to fill the
silence with words.
As I circle my fingers over a cup of coffee, I know your eyes are on me.
You look like you mean to say something but your lips twitch into a smile instead.
Neither do you fill the silence with words nor do I.
Words do come easy to me.
But when I'm with you, it's mostly silence that engulfs me.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos