Saturday, March 26, 2016

Why Do Good Things Scare Us?

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Saturday, March 26, 2016

It has been a solid two weeks since I've been asking the people around me why good things scare us! Everyone confirmed that good things scare us but no one really knew why they actually scare us.

I am thoroughly convinced that life does not act in our best interests and more often than required, it sends us on a painstaking journey of not-so-nice phases. In this process, when good things come our way, it is not surprising that we are all alarmed not knowing if it is happening for real or if we are fooled by yet another scam of life.

In one of my latest posts, I've distinctly mentioned that I am a neurotic person. So, I am not worried if something bad is going to send curve balls down my way, I am also worried that good things might simply vanish one day.

I think that's the thing! We are all scared that good things -- the things that make us look forward to the next day, the things that bring a smile to our face, the things that keep us sane, grounded, and bring a sense of calm over us, the things that simply exist adding beauty to our chaos might just cease to exist one day. Even worse, we are scared that we will be the ones ruining them. Instead of fighting for them, we simply settle for mediocrity or stop living the moments that life sends our way.

If something is scaring you for good, I guess it's worth it. In the end, we all want to hold on to the things that we are terrified to lose, isn't it?

Well, that's enough philosophy or I-don't-know-what-to-call-it for the day. A happy weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos