Sunday, May 21, 2017

Infinity.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, May 21, 2017

Tonight I want to tell you the sweetest of things,
but you're away and I'm unsure,
so I let my words crumble,
and cause my heart to suffer for one last time,
or maybe more,
because I'm unsure of what lies ahead,
I remember the times when I was a child,
I was fascinated with waterfalls and countless stars,
both of them were colossal and held a mystery that I couldn't conjure to call my own,
but I tried counting the stars,
and cupped my little hands to hold all the water I could,
failing miserably to capture the infinity,
I wonder what I'd say if you were here tonight,
beside me, under the light of thousand stars,
but then, between us, are the ten thousand light years,
and I, for one, hate distances, spaces, and the enormity of everything an unfulfilled promise offered,
so here am I tonight, unsure but absolutely certain that you are an infinity that is good enough to fancy
but never to call mine.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos