Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Small talk.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, May 24, 2017
The blue sea in front of me was changing its colour to green. My nose a little too red for Summer was still failing to inhale the scent of the warm beach and sand. I stretch my legs and try inhaling a bit harder this time, only to hurt my nose. I look to my right to see him stare at the endless beach, nonchalantly. Where does he get this calm from?

"Do you like Jane Austen?"
He doesn't answer right away. But when he does, I've already forgotten that I've asked something.
"I don't know much about her."
"Have you ever tried reading her?"
Another bout of silence.
"Not really."
"Would you like to read her then?"
This time, he answers right away.
"She was way ahead of her time. Don't you think?"
"Yeah, maybe."
"Maybe."


And so, I went back to cursing my aching nose, and he, to staring at the sea.
Tune for the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MQ5lInYuag

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos