Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Spam Bug!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Every day I come back home from college and open my mailbox to check if I get any awesome mails or kickass updates. And yes, I do get and guess what? I get a mail from Coca Cola saying that I won $1 million in a lottery. And when the hell did I take part in this lottery? Well, God alone knows! Okay, okay I get that you are sending spam mails but hey, at least use some brains when you send them. 


You are online and blogging, a mail pops up. Some Anjali mails some random crap.

Hey Sunaina, call me as soon as you see this message. A lot to talk!”

Yeah, definitely! A lot to talk but who are you? And why do we have a lot to talk? But Anjali never understands that and mails me every single day. Poor soul!

And one fine evening, I get a weird mail from Aunt Rumana and it goes like this
“Dear Child,
How are you doing? It is great here in Ecuador. I know you terribly miss your uncle Brown after his demise and so, I have decided to help you to hold up.
I have sold all his property and transferred the money to your bank account.
May God bless you child.”


How generous of you Aunt Rumana, for transferring such awful lot of money of my non-existent uncle Brown to my non-existent bank account. I do not have a bank account but surely, I will create one and I am hoping to see the money then.

And the next day, I get a similar mail from Aunt Ayesha. I wonder why my parents never told me that we had relatives in Ecuador. Sweet life.




Obviously there is no end to this spam stupidity. Ask me why? Because my credit card number has been registered to win a blackberry torch mobile! Wow, how come I never got to know that I have a credit card? You get a lot of spam mails every day but once in a blue moon, you get that whopping message which would make your eyes pop out.

“Hi Sunaina,
You have been selected to work as a HR for TCS. Please send in your resume along with your details.
Regards,
Raghu HR.”

I got this mail when I was in Engineering II year and of course, TCS is so sweet that they are making an eighteen year old teenager their HR without even having the resume. Great! Raghu HR, please do not tamper TCS’s name. I understand that you are the HR of your own spam mail company but pray, tell me why have you become an entrepreneur of a spam mail company?


Spam can be irritating but hey, I find them funny too. And with this, I abruptly end the post.
Ciao! 



23 comments:

Asisha on 24 Apr 2012, 08:50:00 said...

XD
Darn funny!
Relatives frm ecuador ?

Sunaina! on 24 Apr 2012, 08:58:00 said...

haha!! yes!
Thank You. :-)

Aditya Kasibhatla on 24 Apr 2012, 09:09:00 said...

Haha! Hillarious!:D

Sunaina! on 24 Apr 2012, 09:11:00 said...

lol thank you Aditya. :-)

Ritvik Gautam on 24 Apr 2012, 09:42:00 said...

Haha... This was really good, hilarious. Enjoyed every single bit of it! :-)
And now they've improved, Now you get a spam email from one of your own contacts, and then in the message there is just a single link. I was so happy to see a friend's email after a long long time, and as soon as I opened it, BAM! It was a spam. :-)

Ritvik
http://www.casacio.blogspot.in/

Ankit Mishra on 24 Apr 2012, 09:42:00 said...

Good one..!:-D

Sunaina! on 24 Apr 2012, 09:44:00 said...

@Ritvik: Haha!! :-D Thank you and yeah, I know you how worse things can get with these spammers around. :-/

@Ankit: Thank you. :-D

anwesha on 24 Apr 2012, 09:47:00 said...

rofl..relativs in Ecuador? good one su.. :D

Sunaina! on 24 Apr 2012, 09:49:00 said...

;-) Thank you Anwesha.

Naveen on 24 Apr 2012, 10:13:00 said...

good one..and I hate spam mails.. :P

Sugumar on 24 Apr 2012, 10:44:00 said...

Good one gurl!! Ua writing as i see is improving with every post you write!! Loved it!! :D

rahool on 24 Apr 2012, 10:45:00 said...

luv it akka..your blog posts are d best thing aftr i come bk frm school... :)

cheerz

Sunaina! on 24 Apr 2012, 10:51:00 said...

@Naveen: I am sure nobody loves them. :-P

@Sugumar: Really? :D Thanks a bunch.

@Rahool: yay! You made my day.

Divenita on 24 Apr 2012, 20:06:00 said...

So true!
Haha.

Nice post :)

Well put with a new tone.

Sunaina! on 25 Apr 2012, 05:22:00 said...

Wow! Thank you Nivedita! :-)

Dr Roshan R on 25 Apr 2012, 10:38:00 said...

loved the post.. hilarious cartoons.. nice blog you have here.

Sunaina! on 25 Apr 2012, 10:42:00 said...

@Dr Roshan: Thanks a lot. :-)

suchitra said...

LOL nice one :-D

Sunaina! on 27 Apr 2012, 10:57:00 said...

Thank you. :-D

Tarang Sinha on 28 Apr 2012, 10:20:00 said...

I liked the way you've written this post! Really...really funny:)

Sunaina! on 28 Apr 2012, 10:23:00 said...

Thanks a lot Tarang. :-)

Niharika Bansal said...

a lovely blog u got there...

Sunaina! on 1 May 2012, 13:36:00 said...

Thank you Niharika! :-)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos