Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It Is Not a Cake-walk, Baby!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"I love you. You complete me."
"Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello."
-Jerry Maguire

So, I sit down with a tub of ice-cream and watch Jerry Maguire. I love this movie for two reasons-Tom Cruise and the movie is epic, isn't it?

Basically, I am a sucker for romantic comedies. Of course, I do like the occasional superhero movies, horror and goth, and the like but the movie section of my laptop is majorly filled with romantic comedies. 

I am quite intrigued by the 90s movies..you know Pretty Woman, Jerry Maguire, When Harry Met Sally(1989 though), Before Sunrise and I wonder if things have massively changed in the 2000s. And frankly, they have! Things have changed from "It must have been love" in 'Pretty Woman' to "You spin my head right round" in 'The Ugly Truth' and it makes me go oww! 

That is the moment I started relating things with reality. Have the times changed too? Well, yes, they have. I mean, do we still have those people who say, "I will stick to you through dreadful misery and stand by your side in the gloomy times"? Or is it just that all I see are those who say, "Hey you know what? We held onto each other in all the joy and mirth. Why stick to each other during pain? Let us choose the easy way out and chuck out all the drama, trauma and yeah, whatever. So we done?"

Of course, it is not so simple, right? We all go through problems. Crappy problems, messy problems, problems that do not even come into the vicinity of problems, tiny problems, and the metaphors! The other day, my friend updated a huge Facebook status for her boy-friend. She was questioning his love for her on a social networking site for not recharging her damned mobile phone on time. DUH!!!! Really? Is that even a problem? Girl, do you actually know what a problem really is?

I don't know! We all live in this selfish, cynical world and we never give a thought about what is worth and what is not. Isn't it simple? I mean, seriously, would you want to lose someone so close to you just for a recharge card? It is not about the recharge card, actually. It is about letting minute things spoil our relationships. Not just with our partners or whatever but with our friends too. 

We all make mistakes. Isn't it? I have done tons of them and yes, I know, writing this post does not make me a saint. I jump to the worst conclusions in a matter of seconds and mess up with my head. And by the time, I realize what I have done, it is too late. The damage is already done, nay? What could you do about it? Honestly, nothing! But you do not stop cribbing either.

So, well, may be, we should all give a lot of thought before blowing up things, and you know, updating silly Facebook statuses that are nothing but cringe-worthy. As an after-thought, you can actually tweet about them. Ha! Anyway, we should just think and act. Like..like...umm...you know the way we act when we do Math? 

Relationships add so much to your life. Likewise, they pull a lot away. It is for us to decide if it worth it. Love does not need hard work but sustaining the complications and the plights need a lot of hard work and you should be ready to do it every freaking day. 

You do not have to open the pandora's box and say, "Hey, it is easy." Instead, say, "It is horrid but I shall find a way out" for relationships are not a cake-walk, baby!

7 comments:

Namrata on 15 May 2013, 02:28:00 said...

Damn! you nailed the perfect words here...relationships are no cake-walk baby, neither the life..so either we have to find a way out from all the mess or just stay completely off from it. :)
And neither making a fault turns you into monster nor confessing it makes you any saint. It's just that realizing and accepting your fault makes you a good and loving human..also a brave one.:)

Sunaina on 15 May 2013, 03:01:00 said...

@Namrata: Thank you so much! :)

a Rat on 15 May 2013, 11:36:00 said...

Brilliant post. big likes.

Asisha on 15 May 2013, 20:24:00 said...

BANG ON ! :-D

Sunaina on 16 May 2013, 18:00:00 said...

Thanks a ton! :D

anwesha on 27 May 2013, 07:10:00 said...

Nailed it :)))

Sunaina on 27 May 2013, 07:13:00 said...

Thanks! :)

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos