Friday, August 23, 2013

Can We Stop The PDA, Already? :O

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Friday, August 23, 2013

Hello people! I am traumatized. Like, really really. I turned up at work after a long period and everything feels so NEW. For instance, I see this couple doing rounds all over the office painting it in red. Do not get me wrong there. I love couples, people in love, and all that jazz. I love couples who claim their love for each other to each other, you know? Not to the entire work-place. I mean, gosh!

I completely understand. We all have quite endearing nick-names for our loved ones and it evokes a certain amount of pleasure to call them. Yes, I agree. But calling people as "Shona" and "Babushka" at work-place or in public in a voice that is higher than 10000 decibels? Not a cool thing.

I know, it is amazing that you have a partner with whom you could share every freaking thing but hello? You don't have to let the entire universe know that. And oh, since few of us here don't have anyone out there to share everything and look forward to, we feel like shit. Too much of love, baba! Of course, I do have my blog with whom (and where) I share everything. Oh yessssssss! My blog is the best thing that has happened to me, so may be, I should write a meaningful love letter for my adorable blog? Okay, I'll shut up. 

Let's face it. Couples who go head over heels for each other in public aren't the epic examples of love. I mean have you ever come across William Shakespeare's protagonists calling each other "muffin" in the public? Okay, I know they are fictional characters. While gushing over each other and whispering sweet nothings is a nice thing and all that, doing so in the public just attracts brick bats.

And on an unrelated note, ladies, please stop acting dumb with a guy. If a guy does not like you for what you are, then there is no point in changing yourself for him. Acting dumb is a big no-no. You listening?

So what do you think happens if you go all mushy-mushy in front of a zillion spectators? Of course, not the "Brangelina" sort of mushy-mushy which we, the weak-hearted people, could tolerate. Well, this is what happens:

1) You are a laughing stock of those zillion spectators. And they just go around talking about you to their friends. Do you want to be that?
2) You are the only topic of discussion during sleep-overs and girls night-outs. How creepy is that?
3) Occasional blog-posts from cold hearted people like me. (Sniff! I know we don't understand your eternal love.)

Okay. I am done. Bye.

2 comments:

Sushmit on 24 Aug 2013, 07:12:00 said...

Look what happened to ol' R and J when they became too careless. Screaming down from the balcony doesn't help matters.
People don't learn, I tell you :D

Sunaina on 24 Aug 2013, 08:48:00 said...

Haha! :D

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos