Sunday, August 11, 2013

Women-The Famous Drama!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, August 11, 2013



“Well-behaved women seldom make history.” 

You know how much I love this quote? I mean, I sort of consider it as a holy line whenever I do things that I am not really proud of. Like seriously, we do not have to be well behaved all the time, do we?

I digress.

Alright, I know I have been passing quite disdainful remarks about men and their haughty nature and whoa, quite a female attention my blog grabbed there but we all know the famous, old school quote that says no one is perfect. It pretty much speaks for this post. 

(This post is majorly about the common mistakes that I do in massive amounts. Some of you ladies are pretty wonderful and come without any drama and all that. I wonder how. But yes, I hope you don't find this post condescending. Cheers!)

Women are complicated. I accept it. Honestly, there are times when I wonder why we do few things. But we are women. And that is how we are. We act without using our brains. Ah, now that is where men earn brownie points because women are world class experts at acting without thinking. We have created a niche for ourselves in that sector and boy, men can never beat us there. Ha!

Let us dive deep. Women are wonderful, amazing, pretty mothers, sweet sisters, lovable partners and all that. But we are outrageous. We surely do understand herculean issues easily and take it in own stride but the petty issues are never forgotten. Never! Our drama is epic. Of course, it is pointless and baseless as ever. Still, it is epic.

The other day, I had a nasty fight with my friend and I bashed him badly. It didn't end there. He knocked some sense into my head and I got the taste of my own medicine. For instance, I am an obnoxious (Thank you) idiot and the things I do depend on my mood. I might love you a lot but if my mood is not okay, well, I am a neurotic person let out on loose and if my mood is okay, I am my adorable self. . 

There are moments when people are extremely busy and they might not have time for us. Women don't take it very easily. We build several stories and create a plot in our head which is ouch, miserable. Why do we this? But we are women, and that is how we are.


We take Dr. Suess tad too bit seriously. On a serious note, it does not work out this way most of the times. I fathom why! 

There are moments when everything is just so outright positive and we crave for imperfection. When there is an imperfection, we pine for perfection. One moment, when we are sweet and caring, the other moment, we are cold and crabby. We love challenges and anything that is less than challenging is so boring and routine for us though I am in a Please-No-More-Challenges mood right now.

We love men, and try everything to change them, and when they change, we shun them saying, "You know what? You aren't the same anymore. I don't think it is working out." CLASSIC! 

Sometimes, I wish we were like men-no drama, more understanding, more sensible, less emotional baggage. But we are women and we are loved for what we are. Despite all the drama and insecurities, we care. We don't portray our emotions like men. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Remember? (What the hell am I saying! Boo)

The major point-All men are cut from the same cloth. Men function similarly. Kind of. Almost. But women don't and never expect two women to act just the same. Yes, when one woman is sane and all that, the other woman is all about being cold and obnoxious; bickering and being loud doesn't mean we care anything less. We are women and this is how we are wired. It is hazardous to be stuck in a process of figuring us out. Let us be! *Girl Power*

8 comments:

Akshi Shah on 11 Aug 2013, 02:56:00 said...

Haha..So true! Women are weird and funky and crazy but then, aren't we loved by men? The way we are.. Isn't it us, without whom they can't really survive?

Proud to be a woman.. Crazy, stupid, weird and funky! Loved the post. :) <3

Jemina on 11 Aug 2013, 03:07:00 said...

ha ha ha..!
that was some write-up. I must say it was like "pyar k panchnama's" 5 minutes dialogue's summary.
you have well put and explained the reasons for why mars and venus colloid..:) :)
great post..:)

Sunaina on 11 Aug 2013, 05:41:00 said...

@Akshi: Thank you so much girl! :-)

Sunaina on 11 Aug 2013, 05:41:00 said...

@Jemina: Thanks! :)

aamjunta on 11 Aug 2013, 07:26:00 said...

Nice post, true observations. Women are women, but yes they are loved and should be loved.

Sushmit on 11 Aug 2013, 08:44:00 said...

Contradiction curry, anyone? :)

Aditya on 14 Aug 2013, 09:09:00 said...

Glad you came up with this post (which is in remotely in favor of the men) after bashing us in the previous post of yours! :P

Great Write Up! And, Amen to the post! :D

Sunaina on 19 Aug 2013, 06:51:00 said...

@aamjunta: Thanks!

@Aditya: Lol! :P

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos