Friday, November 07, 2014

Hello, grumpiness!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Friday, November 07, 2014


“I speak to the broken halves of all ourselves and tell them to embrace, loving the worst in us equally with the best.” 

― J.M. Coetzee


I stepped into my workplace to see my workstation in havoc. While the poster of Harvey Specter looking all dapper in Tom Ford smiled at me, I knew it was going to be one of those languid days. I grabbed my laptop and occupied an open place and started working while muttering, "Creative jobs need some privacy and all that." No one really seemed to care.

I got home with a bad case of sinusitis and common cold. Hello, grumpiness! 

After a long hiatus, I decided to logon to Blogger and write something. Anything. Just anything. It doesn't have to mean something all the time. Also, I figured you need to vanish from the face of earth quite often. You need these days or the nights to take long walks pondering about things that absolutely do not matter, laugh to yourself or cry even at the slightest rush of memories, reading some classics, and curse yourself.

You need these nights for yourself. For self adoration and unrestrained tranquility!

I've also detoxed my contacts list. But some numbers, they are just hidden somewhere, beneath the thresholds of your skin and brain, and therefore, your memories--so you cannot forget them already. But detoxing is not an overnight process. I'll get there, eventually.

I digress for now.

I was at work, typing out words and sentences, while someone paused the incessant flow of my writing. It was my colleague who was sniffing and wiping his tears profusely. Like an idiot, I uttered out these words, Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

He didn't appreciate it. It was a bad line. I mean, whoever wrote it, has blown their mind out of proportion. I SWEAR.

So, yes this is how my week turned out to be. And this time, Elle.com astrology didn't turn out to be quite true.

I will watch Interstellar tomorrow morning and yes, I might have a tough time sleeping tonight.

Because. Christopher Nolan.

P.S. Amidst all the chaos, I've started reading J.M. Coetzee's Disgrace and I am bewitched by its prose.

(Thanks for reading my not-so-radical, incoherent thoughts. You are awfully sweet.)

2 comments:

Jagruth said...

"Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep?" Haha! You came up with that didn't you?

Sunaina Patnaik on 12 Nov 2014, 01:10:00 said...

@Jagruth: Of course, not. I've read it somewhere.

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos