Sunday, November 30, 2014

Writer's Block Is Not Really A Real Thing!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, November 30, 2014



“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath



OKAY.

I haven't been writing much these days. I mean, for the blog. I cannot literally claim that I haven't been writing anything at all because I make a living out of it.

I opened my laptop to write today only because I could not handle the conversations between my sister and her best friend. The conversations about relationships and breakups of their juniors in school.

Seriously, the only thing I cared about as a schoolgirl was having a set of Faber Castell’s colouring pens or math homework, and my world was all sorted. But the children these days, I tell you. They talk about serious relationships.

Girls, give me a break. Serious relationships are not something we decide on. They just happen. And I am not really sure if they happen when you are 16. But if they do, God bless you. You are missing out on all the fun.

Take it from a 23 year old. Alright?

I digress.

Alright, so, like I said, I haven't been writing much on my blog. I would like to blame my work for it, but, I cannot. Because I find everything so drab these days. You know what I mean?

It is just that 50 shades of grey is far more interesting than my life. 

Anyway. The first thing that came to my head was writer’s block. But writer’s block is not really a real thing. It does not even exist.

The second thing that came to my head was–maybe I needed major drama in my life. Or experience melancholia.

Rubbish.

I was just looking for reasons to avoid doing the one thing I love the most and I have no clue why.

So here's the deal-I am letting the hibernation mode go off the hook, and I will write a little more than often. If I don't, just send me some hate mail. 

That drama would surely slap some sense into my head.

Also, I am sorry to break your eternal bubble of imprecise thoughts. Writer's block isn't a real thing. Just pick that pen and paper and brew some stories today.

Because you need to.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos