Monday, August 31, 2015

You Just Wait.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Monday, August 31, 2015

Wait for someone who tells strangers about you.


How often do we hear people quoting this? I’ve heard this so many times over the past few years that I’ve quite convinced myself that I must wait for someone who indeed would tell strangers about me. Call me mad, but I’ve been a strong advocate of it.


I might have found one. I might have found none. But over the years, I grew to accept that I would never find someone like that. In fact, just to coax my emotions, I’ve absolutely persuaded my mind to believe that such men barely exist.


Here comes a surprise though. 

I’ve been closely noticing this really good friend during meetings and hangouts, and see how often he talks about the love of his life unabashedly. Be it a stranger or a person who works for him, he does not shy away from talking about his girl, often attracting ‘awws’ and ‘aaas’ from people around him. It’s funny yet endearing to see a man, who is not a teenager, gush over a woman like that. We all love seeing him do that!


This friend, who luckily also happens to be my manager at office, has given me a reality check.


So, this is probably a ray of hope to most of single friends out there. There is always someone who will talk about you to strangers. I’m afraid, even to random people who are walking across the street.


If you do not find one like that, I suggest you adopt a cat or a dog.


I mean, what’s the point in being with someone who doesn’t make your world go round and round?

P.S. It’s been a good Monday.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos