Monday, December 07, 2015

Me and My Odd Plans.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Monday, December 07, 2015

I have always had a habit of deriving inspiration and life lessons from cartoons or things around me. As I grew up, that habit evolved from cartoons to TV series. Even if it is a show like Gossip Girl, I try to learn something from it. Sure experience is the greatest teacher of all times, but sometimes you cannot rely on experiences alone. You need more. Especially for a person like me who is easily distracted even at the slightest changes in life, I need things that remind me of my goals constantly. Yes, constantly, like at least five times a day.

Here's what happened this morning. I learned something from my new car today. Oh, by the way, if my happiness hasn't made it evident enough, I bought a new car and I must confess it is the love of my life. Anyway, I have always believed that changes in your life do not come announced. They come unannounced and they make their presence felt. What I did not realize while getting the car was that I would turn responsible. It does not matter even it is something as mundane as cleaning it, something as tiny as ensuring it is well maintained, which would ensure longevity. My mother has been persistently reminding me on how well I am taking care of it, but that I should not stop doing it. Just the way we stop caring about our goals mid-way. And just the way we take care of the things we own, we have the responsibility to take care of our dreams and our ideas. We cannot let them go astray or let the dust settle on them. Nope, not happening!

After this realization dawned on me, I fished out my notebook and wrote down a few mini goals (because I need to reach my mini-goals to reach the bigger ones) and assigned some timelines to them. The two out of the many goals with the closest timelines are:

1. To be able to drive, if not like a pro, like a rookie by February.
2. To be able to write the set of short stories I have been meaning to write by January mid-week.

This time, I am not fussing over finishing things. But on learning something.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos