Friday, February 05, 2016

Look, Look, Gibberish.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Friday, February 05, 2016

Well, well, what a week!


I do not know when Monday came by and left, and I do not remember how it led to Friday. I have written so much over the past 5 days that today, I just want to stay still. I just want to watch really good movies till late in the night and go to sleep. Do you know that feeling when you're really drained out but still have that inkling feeling that you've had a great week? I've had a week like that, and I love my work. Although I must admit, I have ignored most of my friends this week.


On my way back home, I was consumed with various thoughts. My music player played the same song throughout the drive, and I was perfectly fine with that. I scanned my contacts list but did not have the urge to talk to anyone. I felt detached. I felt I needed silence.


When I was in college, I had a number of friends. Quite obviously, I had to part ways with a few of them after graduation. In due time, more friends parted, and a few moved to different countries. Soon, I stopped making efforts to maintain relationships even though I did not want to be left with only reasons. Eventually, that is exactly what happened. A friend from college used to constantly complain about the number of friends I had and kept making, and about how often I wanted to meet them. I vividly remember the number of times he would ask me, "Why do you need so many friends, Sunaina?" But it did not stop me from making more friends. I did it as easily as I left every time a friendship strained. Today, when I was reflecting on the relationships I've built over years, I know that I have only a handful of friends -- friends who have stood by my side, friends who fought for me, friends who never let me go when things strained or friends who let me be when I ignored them. While at so many levels, it sounds crazy, I think it comes full circle when I think that people who are meant to stay in your life will stay. Even if you are being a first class jerk. Even if they are being world class pricks towards you. Because these are the sort of friendships that come without any limitations. That's the beauty!


P.S. I know this post absolutely made no sense, but hey in my defense, I have written way too much this week and I am glad I was still able to type this gibberish.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos