Monday, February 29, 2016

Battling Eyelids and Stories.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Monday, February 29, 2016


Sleepless night.
Restless morning.

I have been told that we must pick our battles wisely. Although I'd like to call myself a strong advocate of it, I find some battles too enticing to not succumb to them. But I won't blame myself for the temptations, of course, because life (pause for a dramatic effect)....is obtrusively mean. It throws oodles of curve balls at you hoping you'd catch them. It says the ball is in your court not knowing that I want to tame all that comes my way. So when this curve ball of something too good to be true made its way towards me, I ran for shelter instead of taking a leap of faith.


I mean, what a shame! For all the tall promises I make and the advice I give away ever so freely, I am bad at taking my own advice. But then, we must pick our battles wisely, shouldn't we? And the certain unsettling calm that embraces you before the battle? Pick that also wisely, man. Only if you want to.


Avoid the calm. Avoid the battle.
End of the story.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos