Thursday, February 25, 2016

Dressmaker.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's been quite long since I've had the opportunity to watch a movie at peace without just scanning through the interesting parts of it. There was a phase in my life when I wouldn't go to sleep without watching a movie every night. I am glad the lack of such days has made me appreciate cinema more than ever.

I happened to watch 'Dressmaker' today and while I thought Liam Hemsworth, the blue-eyed boy, was dreamy even in such a short (and maybe an underrated) role, it was Kate Winslet who took the cake for being so enchanting. It looked like she breathed into the character with all her grace, beauty and everything nice.

Well, it's almost midnight and this movie has made me go all teary eyed. It's always amazing when you see something where the characters, despite being subjected to pain and loss, absolutely resurrect themselves and create something beautiful with their lives. I wouldn't call this a brilliant movie, but bits and pieces of it have surely left me in tears. And oh, not to forget, a sleepless night with countless thoughts to call mine. For ages now, I've been meaning to read Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham and after watching the movie, I cannot wait to read it.

On that note, I'll leave you with a simple line from the movie that I loved, and it should remind us to keep doing things even when we think the whole world is against us.

"You can create. You can transform people. That's very powerful."


0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos