Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Of Mundane Things and Changes.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Often we have days in our lives when we are overwhelmed with infinite emotions and think so much is happening. On days like this, time seems to run. Right now, though I am surrounded by myriad thoughts and emotions, but it looks like time is moving slowly, strangely walking beside me and moving at the pace of a snail. I've read three books this week. I've written like a mad person. I have met friends, and I have managed to find some time for watching a movie too. I'm telling you, time doesn't seem to rush or push.


On the 16th, I've completed a year at my workplace. As work anniversary isn't really a thing, no one wished me. No one got me a red velvet cupcake with buttercream frosting. And even when I sulked about it, my friends only pulled my leg. A year ago, these people were absolute strangers. I mean, you know, what I mean? Now, I exercise the liberty to cry, fight and narrate even the most rudimentary bits and pieces of my life to them. I still find it unbelievable that so much has changed in a year.


Something that hasn't changed much is how well I manage to sprain my leg time and again. I might have spent the evening of my work anniversary over lattes at a beautiful coffee shop, but the sprain in my leg reminded me that there are very few things in life that never change. Like coffee, meaningful conversations, great friends, and good music. They all come with their vices and pleasures.

1 comments:

saichandra sv on 20 Feb 2016, 12:02:00 said...

I feel bit frightened when I read you're posts on anniversaries and birthdays. I feel like I m growing older.😢

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos