Sunday, February 14, 2016

You Do Not Know Me.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, February 14, 2016

You do not know me. You think you do.
Between the tall glasses of milkshakes and cups of coffee,
You think you've figured out the whisper behind my smile.
As you look into my eyes and I into yours,
You think you know the story behind my brown eyes.

You do not know me. You only think you do.
Our laughter beyond the sound of music,
Between your rolling secrets and my hidden candor,
You think you've read me like a book that never
belonged to you.
But you do not know me. You only think you do.

My ideas, my ideals.
My stories, my grief.
My tears, my promises.
My darkness, my pleasures.
You think you know it all like your ecstasy.
You think you've touched every layer of my soul.
But you haven’t.

For you, I am always a mystery.
One that never unfurls for you.
For you, I am always a mystery.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos