Sunday, February 07, 2016

Not Your Regular Trainwreck.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, February 07, 2016

In this incredibly small life, we meet different people. Some great, some not so great. And some incarnations of Satan. Our life offers us all kinds of people, which is brilliant, because who doesn't like a bit of variety?


Unfortunately, we do not get to choose the kind of people who walk into our life. However, we are all fortunate to choose the ones we want to leave behind. We are in luck with that area of our life.


Where am I going with this? Well, let me just begin.


I am a 24-year-old writer. I have a good job. I have amazing friends. I like to be in control of my life and generally, I am. But, I could be a trainwreck too. What can I say? I have my horrid 'Can-I-Vanish-From-The-Face-Of-Earth' days too. And what else can you expect from a regular 24-year-old who is still trying to figure out what she wants from life? What can you expect from a 24-year-old who still has a little girl trapped somewhere inside her?


Before I digress any further, let me tell you more. I have opinions. Strong ones, weak ones, false ones, lame ones. I am unapologetic about expressing them. If you are a woman and you have an opinion that you're willing to put out in the open, I am hundred percent certain that you'll have haters, people who pit against you, and often to your surprise, people from your close quarters -- people who you think are your friends. It is sad that a few try to snatch your free will. It doesn't matter, of course. You'll still find hundreds of people (sometimes strangers) who say nice things to you, encouraging you to keep doing all that you do. To be all that you dream to be. Like I already said, we meet different people.


On an average day, when I deeply concern my mind with such mundane thoughts, I came across this quote by Amy Schumer. Amy Schumer is one hell of a woman and she is totally loved for speaking her mind out. It made me pick my pen and write this.


I could be clumsy, awkward, and like any normal person, I am bound to fail. I am not effortlessly at ease with a lot of things in my life and I could be a highly impulsive person. But I do realize and understand that I cannot become someone like Sheryl Sandberg overnight. It takes an effort to be like that and quite surely even she had to work hard to be that person. For most of us who expect to become things overnight or people who pass disdainful remarks at us do not practically realize that great things take a great deal of time. And you don't become great in a snap. You need to go through rejection, pain, failures, duh. But listen, no one decides to call you a trainwreck or bring down your self-worth.


Because you are your own story and you are not a regular trainwreck.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos