Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Settling For Happiness!

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, December 09, 2014

“HAPPINESS [is] ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED” 
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild
Be it euphoria or melancholia, I have always had a trouble expressing it. From a shy child to a reclusive teenager, I might have metamorphosed into a rather outgoing adult (MAYBE!), but I faltered in expressing things. Always.

Strangely, I was never troubled in putting my emotions in words. All I needed was a pen and a paper.
I believed it was the best I did.
In a nutshell, I would write everything in a journal, pretending the journal was my best friend, hoping my bright pink journal would be happy at my success, and gloomy during my shoddy times. Of course, it was not!
I might as well thank my stars for being blessed with a company of great friends. That did not pull me out of this misery either. My inability to explain even the most exquisite things was beyond my comprehension, however, my flair at expressing even the most mundane things with grandiosity surprised me. 

Much ado about nothing.
I reckon the stars had a different plan for me. 

I cannot handle extremities, and quite presumably, I tend to push people away during those situations. But people around me never left me alone--they urged me to talk about things that troubled or mattered, they hovered around me wondering if I would ever let them into my world. And I did.
It could be a simple text from your friend saying she is proud of what you do, or opening shopping bags with your best friend, sharing happiness has found its way into my life for all its intents and purposes. Amidst all the chaos of euphoria, mood swings, melancholia, I have also discovered one person who doesn't squeal in joy along with me; that person still taunts me in my joy. But it doesn't matter because happiness is pure when shared with that person.
I have never realized happiness would be this beautiful when shared with you, and I am coming to terms with it. Awkwardly yet happily!

4 comments:

Sridhar Chandrasekaran on 10 Dec 2014, 00:42:00 said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

Sunaina Patnaik on 10 Dec 2014, 00:46:00 said...

@Sridhar: Thank you so much.

Namrata on 10 Dec 2014, 04:42:00 said...

Did you say Bright Pink Journal? I thought only Hannah Montana wrote in there. Anyway you are no less than any rock star.

Believe me when I say that you are one the very few lucky people who has a bunch of crazy friend who laugh with you and cry with you. Blessed. :)

Sunaina Patnaik on 10 Dec 2014, 07:42:00 said...

@Namrata: Oh, pink just happens to be my favourite colour. :)

And thank you so much.

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos